Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

The After-Christmas Post

Christmas didn't go as planned. I spent the week sick, and with everything else going on, we didn't do anything Christmas until Christmas day. Normally, we cook our meal on the 24th, leaving the 25th for leftovers and present opening. This year, it all landed then. I did though, spend Christmas Eve's Eve on the couch, watching a binge of Hallmark Christmas movies. I watched maybe 3 1/2? Yes, that was pure desperation. I only watch those when I am near death. Okay, I wasn't near death, but was desperate for something to help me pass the time. It's no wonder I couldn't sleep well that night - I mean those movies are the stuff of nightmares! It reconfirms to me what is half the problem in society today, But, back to Christmas.....

So, Christmas day dawned, and it was time to begin the preparations. I was going to make 2 chocolate pudding pies (not for me.) And I didn't think to check how many eggs were in the fridge of course, before I went in there to make the pudding. Menu planning was a little skewered, but thankfully we got everything we needed for the important part, which is dinner. Well, come to find out, there were only 3 eggs left (thanks to someone's omelet monster that morning.) So, we decided to go ahead and see if we could pick some up in town. This was after 12, so we missed probably everyone who was open earlier. And they were all sold out of eggs at both convenience stores we stopped at. So, onto plan B for desserts. A batch of sugar cookies (they are terrible. Really terrible.) and 1 pie. This time I didn't burn the pie crust, But, we also neglected to pick up any disposable pie pans, the one remaining from Thanksgiving was sort of - well, not an option. So, I used this bowl we have that is similar in dimensions to a pie crust. But I neglected to add enough butter or cook the pie crust long enough for it to adhere to the pan, and the pie was all set to slide right out, making serving it interesting. That's the only meal disaster we had this time around, which is really nothing.

After dinner, it was time to open the presents. We had a very blessed Christmas this year. I can't believe what all and how much I got!



The lighting is notoriously bad in the living room. What you get from no overhead light. (Not as evil as no a/c, but pretty inconvenient when you want to take decent pics.)

All in all, it was really fun. I enjoyed it, and all the delays I think ended up making it an even better holiday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment