Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

American Girl Cargo shorts for boys in the works!

I have so much I want to put on this blog, finished projects, started projects. If I ever get to it, I'll be happy! Yesterday I finally got to working on some cargo shorts for American Girl doll boys. (I love making boys clothing.) I got this pattern drafted, and got the test run sewn before it was time for dinner. I have to make a few minor adjustments, but over all, I am quite happy with the fit.


They will close in the front with snaps. I am not partial whatsoever for elastic in the waistbands. They will also have working pockets with flaps in the front and the back. I'm making Braden's shorts out of this khaki twill.



When I get these ready for Etsy, I'll be able to give custom color options. I have several different colors of twill, though I believe I am out of black at the present. Cut out and ready to go!



Braden is really excited to have something to wear made specially for him. I plan to make a tank top and a sleeveless button up shirt to wear over it. The tank top pattern has been started. Button up shirt still in the mental oven. (Things seem to get hung up there a lot lately.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment