Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Glitter Eyes for Cheese Mice....

My difficulties in finding appropriate eyes for my Pipos Cheese Mice has been going on for years. Since they cannot have eyes with stems, finding anything that suits me is really, really hard. Pipos does put random eyes with their dolls, and its a crap shoot if I actually like them or not. I seem to land with mostly pink spectrum eyes, and it doesn't really work with most of my dolls. Harold (my beige basic mouse, and first of them crew) came with these gorgeous cobalt blue eyes. I loved them. Unfortunately, I lost his eyes when I was cleaning out a bunch of my stuff. They didn't end up in the keep or sell pile, and ended up in the trash. I deeply regret that.  I would have never thrown them away on purpose. This was probably 3 or 4 years ago, and trying to find anything that I like for him or any of them for that matter has been mostly a bomb out.

A couple of years ago I bought 3 or 4 pairs of eyes from someone who was selling them on the DoA MP. One pair was a glass stem less pupil-less gold glitter. I love them. They have gone from mouse to mouse to see who gets to keep them while the others fear they will never have anything actually decent for them.

A few weeks ago, my sweet friend sent me some blank 18mm DIY eyes, which was so nice and totally unexpected! I got 3 pair, which was perfect at the time, as I only had 4 mice, and only 3 of them still needed eyes. (I got another mouse shortly thereafter.) I love glitter eyes, and since you can use nail polish as well as paint, stickers, etc, I decided to use some nail polish.

I got some blue glitter polish for this project. I thought it would be the perfect color for Harold. I decided to go with white glitter for the second pair, and silver for the final pair. I compensated the polish with some of my micro glitter. Once I had them how I wanted them, I pushed the clear dome - or at least I attempted to. Now, this could totally be on the operator here, but I could only get the silver ones to actually go down and snap into place. The white ones I got partially put into place, but the blue ones? I have had to keep putting one back into the eye as it has randomly come off. Seems like Harold's bad luck continues. The color I went with didn't end up being as dark as I had thought it would be. It's like every time I try and fix my original mistake of losing Harold's eyes it's like "foiled again!"

As it turned out, Harold isn't even wearing them right now. I had planned also on the white glitter eyes being for my white cheese mouse Coconut Cream, the silver glitter being for Blueberry, and Grape Jelly keeping the gold glass. Right now, Harold is wearing the white, Coconut Cream the silver, Grape Jelly the blue, and Blueberry the gold. I don't have pics of them yet in their new eyes, but this is how the eyes look. I do really like them. :)


Now I just have to figure out what to do for my peach mouse, Peach Cobbler....

No comments:

Post a Comment