Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Went to Nashville yesterday, visited the AG store!

Which is about 2 1/2 hours from where we are staying. They have an AG store there at the mall, so we were really excited to get the chance to visit. For some reason we had this hair brained idea that we could stop by there on the way to KY on our move here - yeah right. Like we' re going to even want to stop there on a 4 (and it ended up being a 5) day move? It was a fun thought initially, but I am definitely glad we waited.

We got a pretty early start, fueled up on gas and coffee (32 oz cup for me!) and we were on our way. My Freya (a gift from a friend - thank you so much - you know who you are!) came along with me. She's been rather needy since her arrival. She's wearing a Blythe dress that no one else is needing, and I think it looks cute on her. Blythe clothes are slim picking 'round these parts as sewing for them seems to always end up on the bottom of the stack of priorities. Eventually I will get my Freya named, and dressed in clothing special for her. I'm just not sure what that is at the moment, so she will stay as she is for now.



We got to the mall around 11:45 -ish, just in time for lunch. We brought along deli meat (sun dried tomato roasted turkey is really good) for sandwiches, and once food was downed, off we went.

The Cool Springs Galleria mall is quite large. A 2 story. We came in the mall through Macy's, and once we located one of those mall map thing a ma bops, found that the AG place was in the upper story and all the way on the other side of the mall. Like I said, it was a big mall, so it was quite the walk to get there. I wanted to stop by Hot Topic of course to check out what goodies they might have (I miss the one here, which closed down years ago.) They were having a store wide sale (yay!!) and I looked pretty quickly and ended up heading on to the AG store with the intent to come back later on to make my purchases.

The AG store there is really fun. It's all one level, as opposed to having the Bitty Babies and modern girls on the bottom floor like they had in D.C. (Actually, Tyson's Corner in VA.) I prefer the one floor. There were a good spattering of customers, but it wasn't too terribly crowded. The employees could hover annoyingly at times, but again, not too terribly bad. (I had one employee do the "Oh, I just love your coffin bag!" as she obviously craned her neck to make sure I wasn't stealing. *sigh* I totally understand why she would do that. I made sure she saw the inside of it to see for herself there was nothing underhanded going on. Why do people have to steal things?) I took a few pics of Freya checking out all the models and displays. Here is my favorite. I think she found a friend she wanted to take home with her. Maybe next time.



I ended up getting some fun stuff on my second trip to Hot Topic. (I know I took forever. It's not a big store, but the really low lights makes it hard to see everything, lol.) I got 2 awesome awesome sweaters with skulls on them (one is long and black, the other is a cream and black stripe) 2 bottles of nail polish, and 3 sets of jewelry.

While I was walking along, I saw a child - probably around 7 maybe? - point at me. Totally normal. I don't mind. Recently I had a 3 year old boy point and me and say "Look, a bat!" (Not sure how I resembled a bat, but I was like "aw, he called me a bat!") I never know what I'll hear, but something along that line, or maybe just a gasp. But this child? She pointed at me, and then, here it came. "Mommy, look, an EMO!" Emo??????? Seriously? I have never been called that before. I guess that's her title for black make up and clothes? (It's not completely untrue, but still, I am no emo.) *face palm* Ah well, what do kids know?

Next came the drive to Bowling Green where we got lost trying to re-find the restaurant of choice for dinner. The food was terrible. That's one thing we'll have to re-adjust to. Around here, there are no decent Mexican restaurants. It's not exactly the right demographic for people to really have much appreciation for good Mexican food. It's okay, though. I truly do not enjoy eating out, and since I am here, if I must, just give me some Long John Silvers, and we're good. :D

Some more pics from the AG store:





I love Mary Ellen more than I expected to. I think she might be coming to live with me at one point!

No comments:

Post a Comment