Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Halloween costumes for the anthro crew ideas!

I am in such a Halloween mood. I mean, I am always in a Halloween mood, but I am in a serious get-ready-for-Halloween right this minute mood! The Halloween stuff has appeared at Joann's, and the feeling in the air is so very Autumnal, even if its been a warmer day in the upper 80's in the first week of August. The air just had that feel.

After going into Joann's to find some fabric I needed (some is for an outfit project planned for my Pipos Baha Honeysuckle this weekend. :D) I got overcome with the excitement of planning out costumes for my anthro crew. I was sitting in the car (spared grocery shopping which I normally don't mind because of a migraine, yay!), listening to some creepy carnival music (cue high praise for Derek and Brandon Feichter on youtube. I love their carnival and halloween music.) with ideas running through my brain.

I thought of some cute ideas, but then it hit me. Why not have a zombie food theme? I'll have to think of foods that will be easy enough to construct out of felt. I don't really want to go to the effort to create super highly detailed costumes, even though I could if I wanted to. No, these are going to be silly, fun and hopefully quick to get together. Sometimes its nice to take a break from super detailed projects and just have a blast with simple stuff.

With my anthros, Honeysuckle is the party planner. Being a bit of a control freak, she would of course plan out costume themes for everyone. So her plan (ha ha, mine) would be to have the little guys be zombie foods, and the big guys be the chefs turned zombies that infected the food! I have thus far, 9 little guys (well, 2 are technically en route, or supposed to be - my tracking is still on pre-shipment) if I only count the Pipos, and 5 big guys if I again only count the Pipos. I'm not sure if my 3 Dearmine Beans will participate or not, and I know Vlady, my Zuzu Wolffy wouldn't be caught dressing up. So that's 13 costumes at this point. Yep, I better get started now if I have any hopes to finish them by Halloween!

Ideas thus far:

1. Harold (basic beige cheese mouse) - Zombified pumpkin (I still have Harold's original pumpkin costume I made him years ago. Somehow I've hung onto it through the chaos of these last few years! He always wants to be a pumpkin, so I will simply sew on a removable set of eyes and mouth so he will have his pumpkin again for next year. That saves me making a new one!

2. Zombie pizza slice and maybe a bread stick? I'm not sold on the bread stick as I am not sure how easily I can make felt look like an actual bread stick. They don't have to be fancy, but I don't want anyone to have to guess to figure out what they are supposed to be!

I think I can pull off the pizza, just not quite sure how just yet. The easiest idea would be to make a full figured slice of pizza, cut a face hole, and then give it straps to go over the critters shoulders. Or better yet, have a head hole in the middle, and just have the front and back pieces. That depends on who is wearing it - getting over a large cheese mouse head with the big ears would be interesting!

3. Slice of cake. I've got a pretty good idea how to go about this one. It'll be pretty cute. If I can get it to work, my peach mouse Confetti Cake will be a zombie confetti cake!

4. Avocado. I'm googling food costumes, and saw this one. Perfect. I can totally do that.

5. Strawberry. That would be really cute. I can see that on my white cheese mouse who has yet to settle on a perfect name.

So that's 5 ideas that may or may not work. I'll have to put some more thought into this.

For the 5 big guys, I'm not sure if I could get Halloween (white Heero) to go along with the zombie food chef idea. He'd want to go something much darker and more sophisticated. I was thinking Praline and Punch (caramel and cherry blossom Bahas) would look adorable in chefs clothing, and Honeysuckle could be a waitress. Percy (Bao, the postman) could also be a waiter. How to really clearly state 'zombie' with their costumes might be a hard sell without their faces looking zombified. As that isn't an option, I'll just have to hope it comes across somewhat like I am hoping it will.

Out of everything on my list, I am most settled on the avocado and the pizza slice. I probably won't get to sewing on them this weekend just yet. I'll let my plan ripen to perfection before expending any wasted energy. This weekend will be for Honeysuckle's Apple Picking dress! (If all goes to plan...)

No comments:

Post a Comment