Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Its been decided! The anthro crew's theme will be....

Pumpkins! I spent some more time making lists of possible foods to use for their zombie food theme, and then got to wondering just how easy it would actually be to create the right look for the zombie part to be convincing. Then I briefly wondered if I should do it more like Killer Foods, which would remove the necessity for zombifying the costumes. I was kind of excited about the Killer Tomato costume. I mean, that would have been hilarious. But then someone suggested just doing a cupcake theme. A good idea, but I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy making that many cupcakes. While I was making lunch, it came together in my mind perfectly. PUMPKINS!!!

This is perfect. Pumpkins in different colors, pumpkins with different faces. :D Another positive that unless I am getting fancy with the faces, making a pumpkin costume is actually really quick. And not having to create new patterns for nearly 20 different dolls is going to save me a LOT of time. I no longer have the pattern from Harold's costume, but I just measured it and re-drew one out. I have a suspicion something is slightly off with it, but it could also just be the stiffer felt is giving a slightly different hang. I'll know for sure when I get another one made. I'll have to adjust the pattern making it about an inch longer for the regular Jr. PI bodies. That will wait though until I have all the Cheese Mouse costumes done. I can't wait to make Jelly Bean's out of that sea foam color! Perfect for a little easter town bunny. :)

I went to the store and got a few more colors of felt to add to the possibilities. I was pleased to find a more rustic orange rather than the bright orange that is always available. Here's what I got:


The colors didn't come through real well. There's the bright orange, the darker orange, a dark green, hunter green, a sea foam and then more of a light reddish plum. The fabric at the bottom is an olive green knit. I am planning on making them little body suits to wear under their pumpkins, but we'll see if I get to that or not, or if I think they need it once I get all the pumpkins sewn. It'd be a cute touch, but we'll see!

I already made one out of the plum color. It ended up going to my white cheese mouse, who still cannot be named!! That little guy is hard to pin down. I started on an acid green pumpkin for Grape Jelly. (Purple cheese mouse.) I got a little ambitious with what I am going to put on the pumpkin, and I am not really sure how well it will work. If it turns out I will feel quite pleased. If not, then its not that much time wasted. :P And you never know until you try, so its worth the effort. I'll take some pics of the costumes as I get more finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment