Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2020

We decided it would be a good idea to just take a break from Flea Markets for awhile, kind of cut back on getting any more things. Just for awhile. That resolve I am ashamed to admit lasted all of 2 weeks -maybe - at the most. Not only did we go to one Flea Market this weekend, we went to 3. On Saturday we went to the one across the river. I struck out on anything MH or MLP, but to my absolute shock and delight I found a black teddy bear exactly like one I had gotten way back in 2001, if my memory serves me right. How often does one find a black teddy bear? I remember I had cut off that ugly bow it came with, replaced it with another one (whether I went with red or black, I don't remember), and sewed little felt vampire fangs on him. Unfortunately, he got ruined a few years later, and so I got rid of him with a heavy heart. Imagine my shock when I saw one in nearly perfect shape for all of $6? He does have some sticky residue on his legs, but nothing that a run through the washer can't fix. Dracubear is back! :D You bet I plan to resew on some fangs.

And then today we decided to get out of the house. It was a beautiful day in the 60's and it would have been a waste to spend it inside all day. At the first flea market, I did find a MH Jane Boolittle with great hair. She didn't come with any of her original outfit or accessories, but I went ahead and grabbed her since her hair was so good. Once I got out to the car and got to looking at her I noticed that her neck was broken at the very tip top :/ It was repaired with some sort of glue, so she is fine, but drat! Oh well, she was only $3, and since the neck repair was successful, I still got a nice doll. The only pony I could find was a hammered g3 (which I just googled to discover that its the 25th anniversary Toola Roola) paired with a g4. I went ahead and got it, though the poor pony needs some help.

Sorry for the big hand over the ponies - couldn't help it!
After a moment's debate we decided to go ahead and go to the other Flea Market which we seldom go to. We've gotten some good stuff there, but its usually pretty boring, so we pretty much just stick to the Consumer Mall. The first thing I found there was a 13 Wishes Cleo. :D :D :D. She has everything except her hair piece and her wrap. She's in great shape, and I can happily add another Cleo to the hoard! Next I found Twyla's pet Dustin. We were nearly done and I had given up on finding any more ponies (though it had already been a good weekend of flea marketing) when....drum roll....a stash of ponies was discovered! 4 bag fulls, to be exact. A mix of mostly g1s with some fakies and g3s as well. For $5 each! Now, I may or may not have smashed into a family member nearly knocking them to the ground before catching them in my thrill and mania of finding ponies. But, if that did happen, in my defense I WAS dodging a person and her cart who was in the way, and there WAS a bucket in my path that made me stumble just a wee bit before the collision occurred....If it did, that is. In the future, should another opportunity present itself and another treasure trove of ponies be found, I solemnly promise to handle myself with a little more measured calculation so that no innocent person be Teddy Bruschi-ed (as it was later called) again.

Bad pic, but here are my ponies right before their spa!
We ended up with quite a few ponies, though some of them were pretty stained up. The g1 s were: 2 Bluebelles, 2 Cotton Candies, 2 Mintys and a Snuzzle and the ones that I took - Steamer, Fifi, TAF Sundance, Sundance, Firefly, Twisty Tail, and a Dance and Prance pony DJ. The G3s were Wisteria, Daffidaisy, 25th Ann. Toola Roola (in fantastic shape) Princess Peppermint, and the ones that I took - Coconut Cream, Star Catcher II, and Piccolo. We split the fakies as well, and I ended up with a sitting lanard who I am crazy about, an early 2000's (maybe? Will research) Lanard and 2 other ones of unknown origin. I do like some phonies, so I think they are a fun addition.

Okay, this blog is getting pretty long already, but I have to share a little more about my new G1 additions. Steamer, Fifi, TAF Sundance, Twisty Tail and DJ all have numbers on their forheads, chests, rump and sides. It's a shame too because some of them aren't otherwise in too bad of shape. I had gotten a bag of ponies from that same flea market several months back that included 2 BBE babies, a ballerina pony, a flutter and a summer wing. All of those ponies except the summer wing had numbers written on them as well. Same style. I joked that these ponies were rescued from being a Cult sacrifice, and I wanted to find more of them. Imagine my surprise that I actually did just find more of them! I'm really thrilled. The highest number I have is '25' written on my TAF Sundance. I really hope there aren't 25 ponies damaged like this. One of the Minty's that I did not keep had a very thin black small number written on the chest, but none anywhere else. My Firefly also has a light number on the chest, but that was it as well. I would love to find the rest of them, but who knows if there are any more out there, if I missed more bags at the flea market, or if the rest of the ponies were sacrificed in flames decades ago. I'm going to get out my other Cult rescues to see which numbers I have and take a note of it.

And that concludes a week of some good solid Flea Marketing. Now, back to no more buying for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment