Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Guilt Free Buying :D

It's a nice feeling when you spend money on something that you feel no guilt over. We all do it, as collectors, when you buy something and kind of cringe in between the feelings of ecstasy when you buy that something that you really didn't need. This time, I am so thrilled with what I bought. And it is completely guilt free. 

I did buy another TBL Blythe. I had to. She is en route as we speak (or as I type.) I cannot wait for her to arrive. I justified her purchase when I decided I would re-home my Very Cherry Blythe. I am just not bonding with her either. Lenore will have to find a new body later on. My yellow haired TBL is just perfect, I think. I have her all figured out, and do feel pretty confidant she will be as I have her planned. I had some commission money free, so I grabbed her. I have still to list my VB Blythe. I am hoping she will sell pretty quickly. Not sure what I will do with the money from her selling, but it won't be more Blythes. Not for now. I'm settled with just the 2.

I am been splitting my sales money between buying more supplies (I had to grab more clay for more Halloween food) and also supplies for my own creating. I have this unbelievably awesome commission for a Pipos outfit with a buyer I am very familiar with, having sewn more than once for her. She is wanting to go all out, which is basically music to any commission artist's ears. I suggest investing in some milliner's supplies for a really nice hat. And I bought some silk to make it with. She was all for it, so now I am impatiently waiting for my supplies. I also grabbed some tiny trim and a book on making doll and doll sized trims, which I  hope will prove useful. 

I also bought some tights for my Blythes, shoes, and some tiny eyelets, and eyelet tool, and about 4 yards of black lace. Yesterday I grabbed some black pleather for some Blythe sized corsets, so now I will have the eyelets to make them look right. (Lotus is wanting a black and white Steampunk outfit, complete with corset.) I also got some tools for tiny slay sculpting.

It's been awesome! I have some money set aside to buy some better clay for doll figures. I'm going to re-research it out - I've looked before, but I need to re-look. I have plans for a creepy fun house, which needs some properly creepy figures. Sculpey is just too soft, but if in the end that't what I get, that's what I get. 

In case you can't tell, I am really happy. And stuck watching the world's most boring football that just happened to go into overtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment