Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Inspiration for clothing

I have been so busy with commissions (always a happy thing to say!) and Halloween food for my shop that sewing new doll dresses just has not happened. It's Fall - Winter will be coming up pretty darn soon (wow, already??) and I want to make some winter weather dresses for Blythe and AGs. But what? Since I only make Historical AG clothing, I've been looking for some inspiration from real vintage patterns, catalog images and the like. I'm really getting excited about some Edwardian designs for Samantha. I need to go fabric shopping....:D I actually book marked these images in an organized manner. Go me! This way I am not sifting through a massive pile of unnamed images. (Which is the way it has been.) I'm putting them into their own labeled folders. I will thank myself later.

I then got to looking at Victorian Mourning Dresses. I have to make some for my Blythes. One thing I love about these dolls is they are small (less fabric!) and I can make them these sort of dresses and it'll look right! I stumbled onto this site called DevilInspired. Oh, do they some amazing clothes! I find I tend to prefer the gothic Victorian dresses (big surprise) vs. the technically more historically accurate. At least to make for my dolls. Though one of these days I want to take on making as historically accurate ensemble as I can manage. But back to DevilInspired, I want to make Lotus a dress like this:

http://www.devilinspired.co.uk/gothic-victorian-dresses/82-classic-black-bow-and-ruffle-gothic-victorian-dress.html

It is so amazing, I was practically drooling in my coffee. They have so many gorgeous gowns. My girls will be thrilled when I have time to make them something like these!

So many wonderful things to make, and not enough time to do it all! Hmmm, I need one of those time bender things from Harry Potter.....


No comments:

Post a Comment