Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Obitsu 11cm has joined the family!

I just sort of fell into getting this guy. I was wanting to save up for a PKF, but then I saw this body is the same size as the PukiPuki via someone's body comparison photos, and decided, what the hey. It's cheap, cute and easily obtainable. So, I bought him last week. I bought the body in the white skin (which isn't white) and the Cocco head. I also bought a pair of 12mm eyes, which were the recommended size for him.

He got here yesterday. Junkyspot always ships so quickly! As soon as I opened him, I knew he was the right choice. Yes, he's small, but no smaller than what I have already sewn for.  I have had a larger Obitsu in the past, but I sold him before we moved. I didn't see my doing much with him at the time, and the more I didn't have to pack, the better. So, I figured it wouldn't be much different. But when I tried to put his head on, it just wouldn't go on. :/ I watched a tutorial, which didn't really help. I did some more searching, and found out that it isn't uncommon to have to use a blow dryer to get the head on. (And that was probably obvious, but I wanted to make sure so I didn't mess my little guy up! Which I will do once I give him a face up. So, I ended up just unscrewing the neck piece, put the head on and popped the neck piece on top of it. It stays on just fine. The body comes with 2 other pairs of hands (fist and sort of gripping hands), 2 other neck pieces, and also a ring which is supposed to go on in the middle of the neck piece, to keep the head resting where it is supposed to. Mine doesn't need it, as the ring is a little bit too big for the neck whole on the head. I'm also having the damndest time taking his head cap on and off.

These little heads have molded eye sockets made out of the same vinyl as the head. When I tried to put the eyes in, there was just no getting them in. I did some more research, and I read that putting little slits in the sides of the eye sockets can help. I did that, and still no fitting. They are just too big. I am going to get some 10mm and see how they fit, although I am considering getting 8 instead. Maybe I'll just order both sizes and see which one works. So, for anyone getting the Obitsu Cocco head 12mm DO NOT FIT.

Small issues aside, I adore this little guy. He's so cute, and amazingly posable. I've named him Pepper, and I will be getting him a black long fur wig. I am not sure what style of clothes to make him yet. It's going to be hard to find any boy shoes in his size. Most are the typical Mary Janes. Here's a picture of him, bald, eyeball-less, clothes-less and face up-less,




No comments:

Post a Comment