Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Postman was kind to me today!

I got two things in the mail today. First was my set of spider ear cuffs. They have a spider dangling on a chain about 1 1/2" long, and are actually very comfortable. I nearly lost one right after I put it on, but it was later found on the overstuffed chair. Luckily before anyone sat on it. The second was Honeysuckle, my Pipos Baha I got for a great price on DoA. She almost never made it. The postman delivered the one package, but not her. Checking the tracking it said 'undeliverable.'  We were able to track down the postman and asked him about it. My seller had made a mistake on the address, but thankfully we got to him before the box went back to the PO and then back to her, and Honeysuckle is now home. I have some more work to do on her. When I opened her box, she was the dirtiest BJD I have ever seen. I'm not upset about it - I knew she was in need of a spruce up, the seller was very honest about her condition, so no surprises there. But it still was a little shocking to see a doll that dirty. She isn't nearly as yellow as she first appeared, which is sometimes the case when old sealer be it MSC or Testor's gets old. And that was why she was so dirty. Apparently she had some sealing done on her body - pink blushing on the knees - and all this lead to a very very dirty doll. I spent some time scrubbing her with Magic Eraser, rubbing alcohol and water and got most of it off. She still needs more cleaning, even after all that. Pipos face ups are notoriously hard to get off. Not sure what gloss they use, but they mean for it to stay. She is in much, much better shape than the seller presented her in being. I got a really good deal! Just wait until she is re-strung and re-face-upped.

I went grocery shopping this afternoon after working on Honeysuckle. I went to the other close by us Wal-Mart. It's much better, not quite so busy, and it's arrangement reminds me much more of the Owensboro Wal-Mart, so I have a pretty easy time navigating it. And it was nice not to be nearly run over by spacey throngs of shoppers. I swear, people never look. And for some reason they think a sudden meet up with a friend is a perfectly justifiable reason to block up an entire aisle. Today though I actually enjoyed doing the shopping. Even if my cart was one of those ornery hard to push types that want to veer to the side.

Over dinner of smoked cheesedogs, Brawts and green beans (they nearly burned, but at least this time they cooked long enough. A green bean should die twice in my opinion before being perfect to eat) we watched Austen-land. A movie so painful I laughed quite a bit through it. Not because it was hilarious as it really was not. but just that they made it. And I know of people who are really THAT obsessed with Jane Austin, myself not being one of them. It's going to haunt me a little bit, I'm afraid. I do not like chick flicks. I do not like romantic comedies. This was that, and damn was it painful.

All in all I would say that today was a pretty good day! Tomorrow I have smoked turkey to look forward to. Yuuuuummmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment