Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Blythe has arrived!

She got here before lunch today. That was some fast movement from MI to UT. When I bought her I was expecting a factory Blythe. Then after going over the TBL, EBL and Factory Blythe comparison pics provided by Dr. Blythenstein and others via Flickr, I was worried she was actually a TBL. When she arrived, my fears were confirmed. Ah well. Now I know more of what to look for. TBL or not, she is beautiful. I love her hair, it is a great color, and good quality. Her eyelashes are much better than factory and even some official Blythes. So, I feel pretty good about her. She isn't the Fairy Kei girl I was planning on, but there will be more Blythes in my future. :D I got some fabric today for her, and she is going to have a mostly blue wardrobe with some purple and black in for good measure. I bought her 3 pairs of tights, and a pair of pale blue boots. Not the ideal color, but they are all in the US so she can have shoes quicker without having to wait on shipping from China.

I wasn't sure what her name was going to be, but it hit me on the way to pick up dinner. Lotus. I love it. It is so her. She just screams Lotus. She is really developing a personality! After dinner I got out the Norton's 3X 320 grit sandpaper recommended for sand matting on Puchi Collective (which I almost didn't find in Home Dept) and got to work on her. I missed a few spots, but boy does it look so much better. I am working on carving out her smile just a wee bit. Nothing drastic, but still an adjustment. I don't think I have the nerves to do a really major carving. Nope, not for my first. Though truthfully those Blythes with exaggerated smiles creep me out. And also the ones lacking the bottom lip. *shudder*

Tomorrow I will work some more on her face. I am feeling a little impatient to get her face painted and get her all back together. Tomorrow will also be sewing time! If I can manage it, she will have more than one thing to wear before Monday. Later on I will post pics for my own amusement of her being taken apart and progress pics. Here she is before the operating began:


No comments:

Post a Comment