Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween was great this year

I had a pretty darn good Halloween this year. We had errands to run after lunch, so I wanted to be sure to get into my Halloween costume before leaving. My costume this year was a mish mash of what I had, in an attempt to create something cool out of it.

Last year I had bought one of those half masks, you know the Venetian carnival kind. It was in black and silver. Then I got a cloak from Wal-Mart to go with it. I am not sure what I had in mind when I bought them at the time. I can't wear masks - I feel too smothered. So I was struggling to find something that appealed to me, and settled on those.

As I have probably said on here before, we spent last Halloween moving. This day in particular was the 3rd day of the trip, and was spent battling horrific winds in WY which slowed us down. We didn't make it to Rock Springs - our stopping place for the night - until 8 or so. Hours after what we had planned on, and what would have been had those awful 50 mph winds not forced us to go around Elk mountain at slower speeds than normal. So, that was fun, as you can imagine.

One year later, settled in our new place, it was time to think about dressing up again! I was a little disappointed with what I had bought, and wasn't going to spend any more money on anything new. So, there was my 2 costume pieces, my clothes which didn't match, and a make up set that wasn't as advertised. The white wasn't white white, and so I had to sponge grey over it to make it look like I was dressing up for Halloween! In the end, I was pretty happy with it. After putting a sponge under the mask to make it more comfortable to wear, of course.

We had some errands to run, so off we went. It was much too warm for the long sleeves I was wearing. We had a few stops to make, and the final one was picking up the ingredients for pizza. I baked the pumpkin cupcakes after coming in. They turned out alright. I didn't end up making the chocolate frosting, but they didn't really need them any ways. (I only ate half of one, though.)

After dinner I got all my anthros out on the porch for their pictures. I am really pleased with what I managed to make, although I wish I hadn't run out of time to make Honeysuckle something nice. Here's how they looked, all together:


We did have some trick or treaters come down the street. That was pretty fun. Having lived out in the country for so long before moving here, it was one thing I was looking forward to. Of course, it started out really well with one of the first little girls falling off the porch. Moment of pure horror. She luckily landed on her feet, and our porch isn't all that high. But my heart literally stopped. There weren't any more disasters after that. I had planned to watch a movie, but ended up just making Christmas paper plates for my store. The biggest 'wow' moment of the night is when some neighbors a few houses down lit some fireworks that had to have been the loudest I have ever heard. Very unusual to see fireworks on Halloween, but a fun treat!

I never thought I would say this, but I am for once, glad Halloween is over. Not that the Halloween decorations will be coming down any time soon. Probably not until the Christmas ones go up. And now, here's the question. Is it still to early to listen to Christmas music? And when to set up the tree? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment