Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sewing for TaeYang...

Today is TaeYang day. AGs have gotten the most consistent attention from me lately, if anything could be said to be getting consistent attention. In the last few weeks I completed an AG Lolita dress, which still needs the bow trimming. I really need to find navy blue ribbon, which is proving to be an issue. The dress is light blue/navy blue geometric print on a white background. Very pretty. The dress really needs the darker blue ribbon as the light blue, which is readily available, just won't pop. Once I locate that, and finish the dress, it will have its own blog post. I also spent a few days picking at the same style of dress for my Pipos Baha, Honeysuckle. Her dress isn't entirely finished yet either. That one too will have its own blog post when I am happy with it.

So, back to TaeYang....I haven't sewn a stitch for this type of dolls in ages. I have 2 TaeYangs - Butler, who I have named Salem, and Albaric who has had that dreadful stock wig replaced with a fantastic dark purple fur wig, who I have named Crow. He has been clothesless since the wig swap, as too many other things needed my attention to really get a chance to work on him. Today though, is the day!

I spent some time this morning searching out what I wanted to make him. My previous plan, and one I still hope to execute, was more of a post-apocolyptic style. I even started tentatively working on the patterns. Today though, I was thinking I wanted to start out with just more of a basic goth look, while I figure out how to create a cowl shirt that looks right with that large head, ha ha!

Here are my inspiration pics:

http://www.rebelsmarket.com/products/men-s-black-long-skirt-punk-rock-maxi-gothic-kilt-for-men-136228

I love these a-line goth skirt/kilts. The chain detailing on the front is epic! I have some chain, I just need to see if it is small enough for 1/6 scale (I think it is.) If not, I have a thin chain in my coffin jewelry box that I pretty much never use that is pretty delicate. I can cannibalize that if need be.

Now, the shirt. I found many awesome examples, but nothing that truly speaks to me for the right feel I am wanting. It's winter, so it seems more kind to make Crow a long sleeved shirt, but I can't get past the impulse to make him a sleeveless shirt. I can always make him a mesh shirt to wear under it. Small holed mesh is actually warmer than one might at first think. No, it won't keep you cozy in 10 degree weather, but for a doll who rarely goes outside, I think he'll be just fine. :P The more I think about a mesh shirt underneath, the more I am loving it! I need to actually get my concept drawn out on paper instead of being only partly fleshed out in my head. I just know that I want to continue the chain detail, and the o rings that we see on the skirt, on the shirt somehow.

First thing though, is that skirt. Once I get that knocked out - which I can hopefully finish today, though that's pretty ambitious, considering I want to replicate as many as the details as scale will allow - and then I can give all my attention to the shirt.

Off to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment