Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lotus is coming together

Yesterday I started sewing some clothes for Lotus. Years ago I had a pattern I called Melancholia that I created for Blythe. I don't have the patterns any more (another member of my graveyard of tossed or lost patterns) but I was able to pretty easily re-make it. I would make these out of gauze, and they were actually my best seller. Back in KY I bought several pieces of gauze when it was on sale at Hancocks, one being this gorgeous royal blue. Perfect for Lotus. She is my blue girl. She only wears blue, black and white. She's got 3 dresses now - a Melancholia in blue, and 2 sun dresses in blue seersucker with little white flowers. (She was only going to have one, but a mysterious slice on the lining of one made it hers.) After I made the Melancholia dress, I decided it would be more fun to sew for her if she was back together. So, I put up the sewing stuff and while waiting to start dinner I finished sand matting her face. After dinner, I started her make up.

I still need to finish it up - more pastels on her eye lids, acrylic paint detail on her eyes (I am thinking of painting black flowers on her eye lids) the eye lashes (which I am nervous as hell to do) and more color and lining on her lips. I think she looks beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment