Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Twas the night before Thanksgiving.....

And normally by now I have at least baked the pumpkin pie. We're a little delayed this year. So tomorrow will be full of some last minute baking and cooking, and wonderful, mouth watering smells. I cannot wait to get into that turkey! We hit a sale for our 22 pounder at Winco. Buy $50 worth of groceries and get the turkey for $0.57 a pound. I think that is the best deal we have gotten to date. I could be forgetting something though.

The plan for this year's desserts is a peanut butter pie (not something I usually eat). That was something I sort of made up my own recipe for after we went to Moonlight, and they had some pie like that there. It is very simple, and everyone loves it. It's basically just one package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup peanut butter, vanilla, sugar and a container of whip cream. (I once even used vanilla coffee creamer as I found we didn't have vanilla after I started putting it together. No one seemed to notice a difference!) It is good - I just don't really want to eat it. I am also going to make a stevia sweetened, egg free (replaced with flax seed) pumpkin pie with a spelt flour pie crust. It is SO good. I made that for myself one year, and ended up eating about half of it in one day. Total guilt free eating, and SO GOOD. The pumpkin has a sort of a heavy denseness to it that is very pleasing. To me at least. I don't normally bother to make something that I will eat for dessert. I sort of consider my probably too tart stevia sweetened made fresh at home cranberry sauce as dessert. (I don't like sweet cranberry. Nooooo way.) Another yummy holiday dish.

And to finish the turkey, gravy and desserts will be our yummy cornbread/biscuit dressing and green bean casserole. Next to the turkey and gravy my favorite holiday dish! I try not to hog it out of the goodness of my heart. (Though I might hog it, just a little.)

I hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for my house and everyone out there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment