Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

My weekend didn't go as planned but OMG!!! Abbey and Duece!!!!

Course not. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that. I have not watched a single movie yet. We ended up doing a HUGE overhaul on the attic room once we got the back room organized (organized for a storage room) and could clear out some stuff that was just in the way. So instead of going to the laundromat which is our normal Friday evening activity, we went instead on Saturday afternoon. I had to run to the PO in the morning, came back and worked on some clay orders (YAY!!!) went to the laundromat ran some other errands, came home, fixed dinner and then basically just lazed for awhile. Last night was spent spending several hours collectively (a sad confession) trying to download the Trend Micro we got last year since the subscription of our present protection would have been up today.  (Yay for last minute.) What no one realized was the doofus that sold us that Trend Micro had given us the version for MAC, not pc. Thus the problem.

So, off we went to pick up a new Trend Micro after lunch, and ran into Wal-Mart to grab a space heater since it is freaking cold up here in this sad uninsulated attic. (Ugly and cold. But now much more spacious.) I hope it works okay since the electric is also old, so here's so hoping to at least cutting the chill! All this is fantastic, but the icing on the cake of my weekend? WELCOME TO MONSTER HIGH DUECE AND ABBY! And Moanica as well. (Although she isn't for me.) I couldn't believe my eyes! I was just kind of picking at the dolls, seeing if the Gloom Beach Frankie I have my eye on was still there (which she was) when I saw her.....ABBEY! I let out a yell, and attacked the aisle snatching up the dolls and yelling their names with a lot more gusto than I intended. There was a grandmother standing there looking at me like "You have got to be kidding me...." Which is rather hilarious. I suppose I did make a wee bit of a scene. Totally justified though! And its not like I hurt any kids in the process. :P

I have been desperate to find Duece, and he just never has shown up! I had zero hope to ever finding Moanica as she is pretty rare. Both are sold out at Wal-Mart.com. I had also forgotten that there even was an Abbey in this line. I sort of recall seeing a pic of her maybe, but I can't completely pull it from the upstairs cobwebs. Now we have an Abbey for the Abbey themed room of our shelf house! I am super excited!

On the way home we stopped by the dollar store. I needed to pick up some super cheap tooth brushes for some detailing on my clay pieces, and I also hoarded the clearance Halloween stuff. Some of that creepy cloth (it has different names) in both cream and black, 2 cardboard pumpkin boxes and one coffin that I have zero idea what I will do with, 2 plastic cauldrons that I grabbed on a whim to maybe store my thread in (I just got the spools all separated after they were dumped aimlessly in a box in the re-do ruckus. They're just waiting to be put into color sorted bags and organized. Hope this works. It'll at least be fun.) I also got a pair of socks to cut down for Max (my BJD.) Oh yeah, and one string of neon green and one of purple. Happy, happy little stash to come away with!

Cleo's vanity came last night and in the drama of the Mac Trend Micro ordeal, it kind of got overlooked. I'll take a good look at it later, but I can tell you, it is a gorgeous set, totally worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment