Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Plans for Christmas 2016

I really didn't want to even think about Christmas this year. Last one was a miserable time, having just lost my special kitty before the holiday craze, so it all went down in a funk. We got rid of everything Christmas with relish over the Summer. Not that we had much to begin with. My 4 foot silver tree which I have treasured since 2008 (it made the most amazing Halloween tree) didn't escape the mold rampage that many things suffered from being stored in the garage, and out it went as well. I was not particularly happy about that, but not as upset as I thought I would be. I guess it had been through a lot and maybe just needed to leave my life.

We had thought about maybe doing a goth themed tree this year, which we have actually never done. I don't think its something that the household would agree on, but since it'll just be up here, I think we're going to do it! The theme is Gothic Victorian. I want to do similar things in smaller sizes for my AG dolls. (Damn American Girl dolls - they always put me in the mood for Christmas!)

I have the Gothmas Tree master plan list and will see what I can bring home from Joann's today with my 25% off total purchase.

Here's some inspiration pics of some of the things we are planning on making:


This is one of the most beautiful ornaments I have ever seen. The challenge will be to find the right kind of roses. The plan is to have black with silver/white and red with black. Pretty, pretty!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d7/a0/cc/d7a0cc29d92f415a843f4bc743f973a6.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/73/b5/0f/73b50f7090fa6db60c802f4fc326ca53.jpg


This is a crocheted snowflake in BLACK. How cool is that? The plan is to do them in black or silver and cover them with glitter and then I will bead them with red, clear and/or silver.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2d/23/74/2d23745f337e8ce7bd64a676f96dea76.jpg

I will be making some felt bats out of glitter black fabric and we will get some glitter silver icicles and paint blood on them. I have no idea yet what we will have for the tree topper. We'll be getting a white tree. I think the color/theme we have going on would look the best with white.

I'd also like to get a little black tree for the dolls this year, but that is a whole other blog post.




No comments:

Post a Comment